Wednesday, July 18, 2007

LADIES NIGHT??

Wednesday night,,, should be ladies night,,right...NOPE!! ( doesnt feel like that at all.) Its just one of those nights, that you dont feel like doing anything.
The weather was scary today, with alot of hail stones,thunder and lightning. I hate thunder storms and any natural disasters, I could only imagine of the worse. My family and friends always tell me that am paranoid, i like imagining my own things and that i should be optimistic.

All i can think of was a tornado coming this way, My Allah (swt) save us from destruction.I was waiting for the sirens to start ringing and follow the evacuation procedures and hide somewhere in the parking ramp down in the office building basement.

My car broke down almost 2- 3 weeks ago, i actually have lost count of how many days i have been car less. Never the less, i dont mind being without a car in the summer. Everyday my my mum comes pick me up after work and all i could think of her driving on the crucial I494 which is proned to accidents.
As i was sitting in my cubicle,Unfortunately i sit next to the window and i could see the lightning flickering and am almost shitting in my pants, scared of it striking through the window. The sound of the thunder made the whole building shake, You would think there is an earthquake.
Speaking of earthquakes, i called my relatives in Nairobi and they were telling me about the series of earthquakes that rocked East Africa in the past 5 days. Lahaula! Where are we heading , these are the signs of doomsday that is near.May Allah(SWT) save us from the sins and shaitan and guide us to the right path. It is really scary.

I managed to get thru my mum, I called her on her cell phone told her not to come this way. I would rather take the light rail is much safer. I am sure everyone is rushing to their homes. Whenever drivers know that its about to rain or snow,We get to see the true crazy drivers driving like there is no tomorrow. I tried to convince her not to come, but it was too late she was on her way stuck in traffic.

I had no idea the weather will turn out to be like this.The day was perfect before. This actually taught me a lesson of checking the weather report because the last thing i ever do or think of doing is that, the weather was perfect this morning. It was in the 80's with humidity of almost 95% which is not bad for a day in July.Then the grey clouds started gathering around 4:45 pm and everyone was googling checking whats the sudden change with the weather. There was an alert of Thunderstorm and tornado watch up to 6:00 pm. All i could imagine was my mum with her light in weight red honda civic that could easily be taken and blown away by the strong winds.
I kept calling every min, cheking on her status. Alhamdulilah, she was fine and nothing happened to her and that am happy glad to be here right now typing this blog.
It took her almost an 2 hrs for a thirty min drive, from Minneapolis to Bloomington.We decided to use the back roads instead of taking the freeway home. Although it will take us forever,but being safe than sorry.

I was home by 7:30pm. My younger brother was at home waiting for me. I forgot all about the promise i made to him,I was supposed to take him for his driving test tomorrow. He wanted to do some touch ups with his parking coz he failed the first time.No time to relax or change. Since it stopped raining and the weather was back to normal. We decided to go to the back parking of the mall in our neighbourhood.We practiced for about an hour and half.I am so tired am typing this with one eye trying to stay awake.
Am i glad am off tomorrow. Still i got to wake up early and got to be in Plymouth by 8 for the test. Then after that, probably sleep and relax, take it easy rent a dvd or probably go to the movies and watch Harry Potter, my co workers are crazy over that flick. I just want to see what they are so excited about..

No comments: